SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could anyone please tell me where you can get a crankcase ventilation valve that looks like a mini K&N performance intake filter? The one that some have on the valve cover.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Never seen one. can you supply a photo? Crank case ventilation is just a few valves and some tubing that keep the vaccum.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
What is the purpose of having a filter on the crankcase ventilation line?

Does it attach in the big hose (going to the throttle valve on n/a's and the filter box on turboes) or in the little hose (which has a PCV inline with it for a turbo car)?

Craig.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
If you're thinking of venting straight off the crankcase to atmosphere, think again. You must use the vac line, or you will smoke at idle. Since you'll use the vac line, you'll be creating a massive air leak. Your FI system should cope with this, but then again, it might not. Last thing - the venturi effect of the existing crankcase vent line pull off a lot of fumes. You'll smoke when coming off high boost, too with a mini-filter plugged on top.

Looks nice ... doesn't work.

This setup worked okay on my 8V, but the basic mixture had to be setup to accommodate the larger air intake into the idle mixture. I found I did not smoke on idle or when coming off boost, but the car did lean out at high boost, which is very much bad news.

I put a catch can in to find out where all the oil on my mixture plate was coming from. In the 15,000 miles that catch can was on it caught about a third of a teaspoon of oil. I removed it.

Once again ... don't do it. Okay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts