SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, valve cover is on....

but cracked my PCV nose at the crankcase, and then broke it trying to get it off the intake as well. In hindsight I should have just tried to fix it at the crankcase nipple by rigging something with hose. :nono;

Regardless - I now need to replace this hose, found here http://www.thesaabsite.com/shop/search.php?search=nipple+hose&m=2#linkbar

It looks pretty tough to get at as its under the intake manifold AND it has a coolant lining running through it. Bentley doesn't list anything here for how to service this hose, can anyone help on install instructions? It seems like it would be tough to install this without removing a bunch of things, but Im hoping there is a work around.

Also, any real danger in driving around in the meantime?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to use a plastic 1/2" threaded junction and some new hose to fix the hose at the crankcase, and used some bright orange duct tape to fix the cracked hose at the intake. It gets hot there, so I may switch out the duct tape for some heat resistant aluminum tape.

Better than nothing. ;ol;

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Something I just thought of, any risk of the adhesive from the tape melting, making it to the turbo and screwing things up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts