SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Helping my friend Sven99 get his T5 conversion for his 900c we made a chuck of aluminum a lot smaller. We still have to drill the holes to pick up the crank pulley and clock the wheel accordingly and drill/tap those hole. We might dowel pin the one that seems undersized.

If we get really excited I'll chuck it up on the rotary table and hog out the excess material.
We did create features to pick up the key indexes of the ID of the wheel and the crank pulley (A/C pulley interface).
The full 4 hours: http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/album1028

·
Registered
459 Posts
So nice, sorry i haven't been bavk in touch yet. been real busy miving in with my Fiance. and such. i'll get at you this week. i'd be interested in a adapter possible. i really hate my ghetto bracket i've gt now.
Cookin

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Dennis, another superb piece of engineering. You really make my hack & slash approach look bad ;-)

What are gregg's plans for the car?
Thanks, The crank pos sensor and the wheel are key to the ECU.
IMO the hack and slash might work for a while, but in the end it will leave on the side of the road, scratching your head, saying WTF???

Gregg is looking for some more lower end torque with a better ignition map.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
IMO the hack and slash might work for a while, but in the end it will leave on the side of the road, scratching your head, saying WTF???
Agreed. I extensively reworked my bracketry for my crank sensor once I had the motor out and could access it more easily. I am pretty pleased with it now, not as much hack & slash!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Amazing work Dennis.....

Wow, very impressive. That is going to be a great adapter for my conversion. Glad I kept pestering you about this. Remember, I get 10% on all future sales as I am the idea man.

Iron Joe, I grit my teeth everytime I pull away from a dead stop. Once you have had programmable timing and fuel it is hard to go back. This set up is going in my car in a few weeks. Looking forward to all the fun. Then this winter there will be the engine rebuild with the '94 head, LSD install......Then my tranny blows up:lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Excellent, clean solution to this problem. Would you be willing to post dimensions or machine one for me?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent, clean solution to this problem. Would you be willing to post dimensions or machine one for me?
Now that I have one machined and proof fitted I can tweak my drawing to match. I still have to locate the holes for the pulley and the wheel relative to TDC and the sensor's still to be made bracket. I'm going to try emachineshop dot com and see what a quote is for maybe 5 units.
Maybe a group buy is in order?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Just do it, mine has been on for 12 months/12,000 miles now :cheesy:
I never heard, what did you do for the mounts? Do you have pictures of the modifications you made to them?

·
Registered
160 Posts
How about keying somehow....

Maybe make one of the holes require a different size bolt so that there is only one way to mount the wheel to the plate.

This idiot would like it idiot proofed!!

Gregg

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nice job!
I had my aluminium pulley made so that the toothed wheel fits on the inside of the pulley, that way you don't have to dismantle the crank sensor when you reach the point when you need to change the pulley belts.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts