SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m trying to revive a 2004 Saab 9-3 linear I bought in-op. That has a crank no start. Here’s what all I’ve done so far:

-Bought a new battery since it was dead. This allowed me to at-least hear it crank. Well it cranks very well isn’t locked up

-Had codes lots of low voltage codes cleared those out but only ever had one ECM code. “Throttle position can’t returned to close”

-Pulled intake piping off the throttle body to inspect it. When you turn the key on it will flip backwards slightly then back to fully closed. Pressing the gas pedal has no response. I go to my other saab of equal year and trim and turned it to the on position and observed it’s throttle body. When you push on the gas pedal it does in fact respond. So i think easy slap a new TB on there and call it good. I thought heck to save money and confirm my theory I’ll put this bad tb on my car with a good one. I did and it worked perfectly on my running car the throttle responded to all pedal inputs.

-So the conclusion from all this is there’s an issue with the in-op car somewhere in the throttle pedal or wiring between the pedal and TB

Any input on this would be great! All fuses and relays have been inspect/swapped around and seem to be in working order! Is it really this simple or is there something else other than the pedal itself or wiring that would cause the car to keep the throttle closed to prevent starting?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got back in town pulled battery tray and everything was connected. What exactly should I be looking for? Previous wire repairs were obvious in the loom but none of the colors repaired were on the throttle body connector. I know my throttle body is good just can’t figure out why the flap won’t activate on this car but will on my other car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I will double check all my wires today. Curious as to how I would test for bad ecu. The past few bad ecus I’ve dealt with have had the injector codes and boost codes.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it’s throttle position cannot return to closed. Can’t remember the diagnostic code number but that’s what TECH2 Pulled. Even though the throttle is definitely all the way closed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve tried pulling and swapping all ecu ignition and fuel fuses and relays. Tb contacts are fine as the tb functions perfectly when placed on another car. I’m starting to think it’s just a dead throttle pedal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts