SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when doing this mod, how did you guys plug off the vac lines to the TB and on the turbo pipeing? I hope im not making an *** of myself and describing this wrong.

·
Banned
736 Posts
why do you want to add a breather?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just browsing on erics site and saw it, but I going to go with a oil catch can vs the air filter.

·
Banned
736 Posts
well the line on the turbo/intake you could just plug up. but if you use a catch can doesnt it have a vac input?

·
Registered
134 Posts
just put one on my car last week, pretty simple install. the hose going in to the turbo inlet pipe can be plugged with just a regular bolt, i think its a M14-1.50 Picked it up a local hardware store. as for the hose on the throttle body, get some 4mm aka 5/32" vacuum hose caps found at most auto shops.

-Jake

·
Banned
736 Posts
off topic but i could not get on erics site. when were you on it? and which link did you use?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I would advise against modding the T5 PCV system for the following reasons. You need the vacuum to purge the crankcase of blowby gasses which contain potentialy sludge forming acidic contaminants. Although a small quantity of oil may be passed to the intake the vast majority of oil contamination comes from the turbo seals which are impossible to make oil tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts