SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my oil pan cracked? These lines on the inside look like cracks but they feel ridged and they don’t leak yet.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
yea, those are cracks. you need a new pan,

I think have a spare pan lying around (at my dads house) and would be willing to send it to you for a reasonable price plus shipping. message me if you're interested. I'm pretty sure it's still out there but I can call him and ask. Engine was good except it spun a rod bearing so the pan is in good shape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, those are cracks. you need a new pan,

I think have a spare pan lying around (at my dads house) and would be willing to send it to you for a reasonable price plus shipping. message me if you're interested. I'm pretty sure it's still out there but I can call him and ask. Engine was good except it spun a rod bearing so the pan is in good shape.
Thanks for the offer! I’m actually moving to a bigger city with loads of junkyards, and plan to pick one up there.

Additionally, my bearings seem to also not be in excellent shape, but I don’t have time to work on them right now. So I’m planning to leave the imminently leaky pan on for now to force me to reckon with the bearings sooner than later.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Sooner is better than later. you don't want to let the crank get scored since then the engine is pretty much shot.

When I spun a bearing I took the crank to a machine shop and then realized that the cost of the machine work plus the oversized bearings was more than the cost of a good used replacement engine.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
BTW, I was at my dads' house last weekend and do in fact still have the extra oil pan from the engine that was in my 01 Aero. Make me an offer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts