SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 5th Saab that I've owned and this is the first time I am experiencing this noise. When the cabin warms up, I would hear a couple of loud cracking noise from the dash. Sounds to me something is not fitting correctly, anyone know how I can stop that?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
At what speed or gear, in what conditions ?? What else is on ?.

Could you be hearing the normal hydronic heating sound - expansion of metal ???:cheesy:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
earthworm said:
At what speed or gear, in what conditions ?? What else is on ?.

Could you be hearing the normal hydronic heating sound - expansion of metal ???:cheesy:
It's usually at slow speeds, I can't even tell you. It always seems to happen as the cabin is warming up. The noise is definitely from the dash upper left corner area. We always thought the windshield was cracking!!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
ches said:
It's usually at slow speeds, I can't even tell you. It always seems to happen as the cabin is warming up. The noise is definitely from the dash upper left corner area. We always thought the windshield was cracking!!
I hope it's not your windshield. That happened on my Honda Prelude then cracked a cross all the width of the windshield.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hkayssi said:
I hope it's not your windshield. That happened on my Honda Prelude then cracked a cross all the width of the windshield.
It is not my windshield, at least I don't think so. We have a couple of dings on the glass but we've been monitoring them and they haven't spreaded any further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts