SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just carried out this easy bodge, by using a turbo distributor with hall sensor, and wired the hall sensor into the wiring from the CPS.

I swapped the distributors at TDC rotor at no1 and transfered the caps across.

It fired up straight away. Very pleased, my throttle response is far smoother, even without the advanced retard locked, it drives fine. but i will still at some point get someone to replace my CPS. and have left it easy to convert back at later time.

Looking very OEM

I ddint expect it to work, but it did, so i will make the wiring a little less obvious. Cable tied.

Vacuum hose, i didnt have previously, dangerling

rock and roll !

·
Registered
13,169 Posts
If you don't want the vacuum diaphragm to work, why did you put a vacuum line on it?
There is no Hall to sense. They're both "Hall Effect Transmitters", using the Hall Effect to detect position. The crankshaft mounted transmitter is much more accurate than the one mounted in the distributor. The EZK system operates in 1/4 degree increments, the distributor-mounted transmitter cannot be that accurate, so you degrade the system by retro-fitting a distributor. You further degrade performance by allowing any kind of advance/retard.
It is cheap and easy though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vacuum line came with it, cheap and easy it keeps the car rolling thats what its all about dude. keep them on road, out of scrap yards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts