SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a CPS (crank sensor) for a 1992 Saab 900S. The only place I found was RockAuto for over $200. Anybody have an alternative that might be cheaper. I heard there should be after-market out there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, but my sensor seemed to have disentagrated except for what was held down with the bolt. Its pretty well shot......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I see what you mean, just take out all of the other stuff (whats left of it)...........Thank you!!!!!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Eeuroparts has the internals available for around $60. Have to splice it in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have it running, thanks too all for their input!!! New problem though, I started the car before putting the belts back on just in case something was wrong with my wiring. It started right up!!! Everything seemed fine, put all the belts on and I'm getting a loud vibrating sound from I believe the alternator. Does it matter which way the belts go back on??????:cry:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Very easy when reinstalling belts for them to miss the pulley closest to the block, and be between block and pulley. Check for routing. Also check to see if the adjuster arm bushings on the block are tight or replace them. Good luck. Picked up a couple of the sensors and am getting ready to repair a car or two.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank's! I will double check everything tonight. Good luck on your repairs, I must say it was easier then the first time I had this apart changing the crank pulley.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right on with the belt not being totally on the pulley.:( It was as you said rubbing against the block. Tight fit in there but re-aligned and everything is back together. Thanks for the tip!!!! Finished in time for my son to use for trip to his senior all night party. He has used it to get to school and around town in the last couple of years. His friends don't say much about the car since it's a 92' but their dad's think its a cool car!;)

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Right on with the belt not being totally on the pulley.:( It was as you said rubbing against the block. Tight fit in there but re-aligned and everything is back together. Thanks for the tip!!!! Finished in time for my son to use for trip to his senior all night party. He has used it to get to school and around town in the last couple of years. His friends don't say much about the car since it's a 92' but their dad's think its a cool car!;)
Might want to lay a little history on them about how much of their "modern" car concepts were production on these (2.0L turbos, etc.). and when their "dream cars" actually went to those items;ol;:eek::cheesy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts