SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '94 9000 areo turbo and have a couple questions. My turbo is not functioning properly. As you stand facing the engine, at the back there are 2 small nipples side by side toward the left hand side. The one on the left has a white hose on it. The one on the right does not, but has vacuum when the engine is running. Where is the other end of that hose supposed to be and is that part of the turbo system?
Also, I had to have some tranny work done to it and I think the guy forgot to hook up the tach properly. It works sporadically. Where is the hookup for the tach, so I can tighten it up?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Where are the nipples located? At the intake manifold?

Klim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nipples <-- heh heh

They appear to be on the back of the intake. They are plainly visible as you stand in front of the car facing the engine. they are somewhat left of center at the top of the engine. 2 of them side by side, less than an inch apart

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Ok, I looked on mine. If you are looking on your intake manifold, there are two nipples on the side. One goes to a fuel rail, one goes to map sensor. The next two nipples are on the back, one I think goes to the a little y piece behind the engine and one is plugged off. THen there is one on the top, this one goes tot he breather hose.

KLim

·
Registered
251 Posts
hi there, one of the vacuum hoses you are refering to splits between your boost guage and ait valve on the pipe that goes to your air filter not sure about the other one but thats the one that is on a y connector as for your rev counter it is on the top or side of your gearbox, plug with 2 wires on maybe one has come loose? hope this helps.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Posted by Craz3dLunat1c: As you stand facing the engine, at the back there are 2 small nipples side by side toward the left hand side. The one on the left has a white hose on it. The one on the right does not, but has vacuum when the engine is running. Where is the other end of that hose supposed to be and is that part of the turbo system?
Based on your description...

The one on the left is a "spare" for anyone wishing to instal another boost gauge or use the boost pressure for any other purpose. If not being used, it should be capped.

The on on the right is DEFINITELY part of the turbo system and goes to a "Y" connection - one branch goes to the boost gauge, the other to the nipple at the top of the blowoff valve. Nothing will work properly unless these connections are all airtight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turbo Solved

HAHAHAHA... I got my turbo issue solved and feel like kicking myself in the butt... ALWAYS check fuses first. I took my car to a guy a while back, who turned out to be an idiot and a crook. I discovered later that he had scavenged fuses from my car to outfit cars of other customers apparently and my APC fuse was one of them. I just happened to think about it while I was looking at the car at 1am and checked it. I was a happy dude when I took it for a spin and I heard that very pleasing "tssssss" when I mashed the clutch.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
That is just a crazy story, what an unbelievable guy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
He said...

... I hope you will remember me if you need anything else done to your car. My reply... "Damn right, I will remember you. I will remember who NOT to take it to."

Now if I can just get my tachometer straightened out, I will be in business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts