SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon if the answers are here, but I haven't had any luck searching. The car is a 92 Turbo three door. I bought the car recently, so I'm finding issues.

I've pulled my dash halfway off to gain access to my blower motor. Swapped out the blower motor no problem.

I'm having a few issues with reassembly though.

First off, I need to remove the passenger and driver side vent covers from the dash to gain access to the ducting running up to it. Both sides are torn right where they are stapled to the vent, but I can't see how to get them out of the dash. Do they just pop out with a clip I'm not seeing?

Second, I removed the flapper unit for the defroster on the passenger side to gain better access to the blower. When I went to put it back on, I noticed that the rod connecting the left and right side units seemed a little tight. It's attached to the vaccuum actuator in the center like it's supposed to be. I can still get the door installed if I force it in a little, but I'm not sure if this is normal or if something is amiss on the other side. Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I would recommend against removing the vents from the dash assembly - you're likely to break something irreplaceable. Not worth the risk IMHO.

It's hard to know what "a little tight" means... There is some tension on it by design. If the vacuum actuator is able to move it, I wouldn't worry further.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K, I'll leave the vents as is. Still seem to be getting plenty of air from the affected vents anyway. That is kind of what I was seeing, they look like they're in there pretty tight.

And the defroster flapper still operates as it should, so it must just be the normal tension I was feeling. Just seemed off to me, but it's such a simple mechanism I figured it'd be pretty obvious if there was something amiss.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts