SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First one is the dreaded rear light failure that occasionally comes on upon startup thatll go away and light will turn on by tapping the taillight or just driving and letting the roads ttake care of it... Any ideas?

Second one is ocassionally my antenna mast wont go up unless i either bang on the motor itself or hit the antenna mast and then the motor will turn on and function as it should.... I just installed a new mast but iirc this happened even prior to installation of new mast.

Anyone can help me get rid of these annoying quirks would be greatly appreciated... Thank Much.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
You can try a new bulb, or removing/reinserting the old one, in case there is a bad contact.

The antenna motor can be taken out, disassembled, gears cleaned and lubricated, connections checked. It is a lot of work for what you get out of it, (you have to remove the trunk liner) but it can be done.

With the trunk liner out, you can also check the ground connections on the antenna and the light cluster, in case one of them has come loose.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You can try a new bulb, or removing/reinserting the old one, in case there is a bad contact.

The antenna motor can be taken out, disassembled, gears cleaned and lubricated, connections checked. It is a lot of work for what you get out of it, (you have to remove the trunk liner) but it can be done.

With the trunk liner out, you can also check the ground connections on the antenna and the light cluster, in case one of them has come loose.
i agree on checking the above especially the grounding system as since you are having intermittent problems in the back electrical system I would suspect the grounding wires are corroded or loose.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i have also heard that if you use bronze housed bulbs they can give false readings to the bulb check relay. just to be on the safe side i always use the nickel steel ones, plus they usually are the better quality.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of cleaning the contacts for the bulb, maybe thatll fix the prob... And i have already tooken apart the antenna to get a broken piece of the tooth mast out and lubed everything up, ill probably give it another shot... and will definitely check all the ground connections, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts