SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive finally got my car legal so i test drove it tonight for the first time since i got it, i love it, very rapid.

Its a 2.0 SE turbo Sensonic that had a sensonic problem when i got it, now i think ive cured it.

2 questions for the Saab knowledgable, the boost guage sits in the middle of the yellow bit and doesnt move at all, is this the guage thats had it?

The rev counter (tacho) sits on the bottom at low revs, shows no revs on tickover, once the engine gets over about 2500 it shoots up to start giving the correct readings, where do i start with that?

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a longer drive this morning. The boost guage goes to zero with the ignition off, when you turn the ignition on it goes to midway through the yellow zone and varies just slightly when the turbo kicks in.

The taco needle sits on rest until the revs get up a lot.

Is the tacho electric and where does it take a feed from?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
2 questions for the Saab knowledgable, the boost guage sits in the middle of the yellow bit and doesnt move at all, is this the guage thats had it?
I would suggest to check that the actuator rod has not come adrift. The gauge should varely go into the red except on FULL boost, and then only briefly. However, since your tacho doesn't register low revs, I would suggest an electrical route to solve your problems. The tacho is indeed electrical, and feeds via the fusebox IIRC.

HTH

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Another Coventry SC user :cheesy:

On the display unit is the black panel button on? [I could be making myself look very stoopid by putting that but...]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the replies.

Ragtop, i wondered if it could be something to do with the dark screen thing.

WHo's any good for saab parts in coventry then??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts