SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i bought my 91 900 n/a five years ago it has had two minor issues that i never bothered with because they weren't all that serious, and honestly I've hade bigger things to deal with (headgasket among other things). Anyway, i'm wondering what this boards knowledge can do with these two issues:

1. My central locking works, but only when it is hot and humid outside. Sometimes it works when it is raining too. It never works in the cold.

2. The ABS light stays on about every other time i start the car. Most of the time, if the light stays on I can just turn the car off and back on again and then the light goes away. I can always tell right away if it is going to stay on or not. The times that it does go out, i can notice it faintly flickering as I start the car. The times it stays lit, there is no flickering, just steady illumination.

·
4,637 Posts
Central locking = bad connection somewhere. I'd be inclined to say it's the control module mounted on top of the lower heating/ventilation duct {listen for the click when you cycle the doors}. Take that out, open it up and resolder every joint on the board...

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
ABS:
First, the easy:
1. make sure to top off the brake fluid -- there is a level sensor in the fluid reservoir that reports to the ABS system.
2. make sure there are no leaks in the system that would relieve pressure.

Since it is here-and-gone, the issue sounds like instrumentation rather than mechanicals. I would check:

All three relays.
Level sensor in the reservoir.
Pressure sensor.

The Bentley is the source for information!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts