SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. i have not been here fore two years, not since i wrecked my 900t.

Im now driving a vw jetta 1.8t '03, its nice and fast and has all the bells and whistles....but i miss a good old fashioned saab. the jetta is worth about 11-13k, and its not technically mine so this will probably be sold soon and i will be car-less.

Some very good family friends of mine, who also are my employers, have a charcoal 900turbo i believe early 90's. It is in excellent condition, possibly spg..i dont know. He mentioned that he would sell for 5k if he was going to sell it. I think the miles are near 100, but as i understand it saabs will go for atleast 200k probably 300k. They are older and wouldnt have beaten it up too bad, and they are real chummy with a saab mechanic so i bet it was taken care of.

Is this car worth 5k? or should i try and talk them down.

question two:
i bought a 1992 900turbo, which ended up being a lemon. the interior is perfect tan leather, the engine is still very strong, but thats all i can vouch for. the underside is rusted very very badly, and it has a questionable history. how much is it worth as a parts car?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
More like $4,000 if the car is REALLY nice. At 100,000 miles it's young, but you are in store for growing pains. Do you have emissions testing? Cha-ching!

The "parts" car is pretty much down to what you said, engine and interior, but there are also headlights, tail-lights, dash parts, heater core, etc. I'd forget about anything related to suspension or braking (calipers are iffy). As far as a price for a parts car, maybe $500.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MSOEMiller said:
More like $4,000 if the car is REALLY nice. At 100,000 miles it's young, but you are in store for growing pains. Do you have emissions testing? Cha-ching!

The "parts" car is pretty much down to what you said, engine and interior, but there are also headlights, tail-lights, dash parts, heater core, etc. I'd forget about anything related to suspension or braking (calipers are iffy). As far as a price for a parts car, maybe $500.
Its really nice, he always lets the car sit for like 5 minutes before taking it out and they are saab freaks-this car has been loved. What growing pains, specifics? And what do you mean by emissions testing, its expensive or my exhaust will die soon...

All i want to do with this car is mess with the turbo a little, subs, tint, done. I had to learn the hard way that driving a saab is a privelage easily lost with ignorance, now id like to pimp this one and not race it.

as for the parts car, ill keep that in mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts