SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least 6 months ago my Saab trained mechanic (not an ac guy) was unsuccessful attempting to fix my ac. A couple days ago I came across the YouTube video. Could it be this simple?
How To Fix Car AC That Blows Hot - Possible Causes

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had an issue where my A/C was blowing warm. Before taking it into the shop I tried a few things. I wanted to see if the clutch was engaging, so I pulled the relay and jumped 30 to 87 (you can see these on the relay itself relative to the fuse box, maybe fuse box too). You should hear a click, if you do, then you have at least seen that the clutch fires. You could replace the relay just in case and see if it helps.

Since mine was engaging and I replaced the relay, the next step was to check if I had refrigerant, which looks like it was really low. I ended up adding some and the A/C started blowing cold. Since the car is 16 years old, I didn't want to deal with buying a new compressor, so if that didn't help, i'd just go without A/C

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
It could also be blend door servo, automatic control system, refrigerant level, bad pressure sensor, bad coil temp sensor, bad compressor coil, the list is quite large. Take it to a shop that repairs AC systems and let them isolate the issue between the HVAC system and the refrigerant system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts