SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COuld Koenigsegg be part of these ongoing negotiations to revive Saab?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/koenigsegg-would-rather-build-a-sedan-than-compete-with-the-porsche-911/

Koenigsegg certainly wowed the automotive world at this year’s Geneva motor show. Between the 1160-hp Agera RS and the absolutely mind-blowing Regera with 1500 horses and no conventional transmission, it’s safe to say that Christian von Koenigsegg’s namesake hypercar company is uninterested in following convention. Which is why it’s a bit surprising to hear that the madman-in-chief could consider building a four-door Koenigsegg, following in the footsteps of so many other high-performance brands. Just don’t expect a Porsche 911–fighter out of the Swedish firm.

In an interview with Top Gear, von Koenigsegg was coerced into admitting that a four-door could be in the cards for the Swedish boutique builder. “Yes, I can imagine a car like that,” von Koenigsegg told them. “Maybe within the next five years, possibly earlier than that.”

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
No. Let's not get any false hope here .. note he said he was happy on the outer lunatic fringe over on the dark side of Porsche.

Translation .. if you are reading this you can't afford it. Yeah, it may be a 4 door but it will be an uber expensive 4 door.

He backed away from Saab because he realized that there was a world of difference between putting out three cars a day and three thousand, and he didn't want any part of that world. Sad because there still may have been a Saab today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saab is a different deal these days than what existed back in 2010, they've gotten quite used to putting out three cars a day lately. lol

I realize this is all speculation, but maybe there's some final scenario where the defense contractor licenses the Saab name to Koenigsegg?

NEVS is in talks with two automakers supposedly. One is Mahindra, what's the other one?

Koenigsegg changes their mouthful of a name to Saab? They could rent out part of the facility in Trollhattan and produce whatever they want -- supercars or electric four-doors or whatever.

It would be a better outcome for the brand than Mahindra slapping the logo onto some cheap garbage and calling it a Saab.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Saab is a different deal these days than what existed back in 2010, they've gotten quite used to putting out three cars a day lately. lol

I realize this is all speculation, but maybe there's some final scenario where the defense contractor licenses the Saab name to Koenigsegg?

NEVS is in talks with two automakers supposedly. One is Mahindra, what's the other one?

Koenigsegg changes their mouthful of a name to Saab? They could rent out part of the facility in Trollhattan and produce whatever they want -- supercars or electric four-doors or whatever.

It would be a better outcome for the brand than Mahindra slapping the logo onto some cheap garbage and calling it a Saab.
There's been no 100%, irrefutable confirmation whatsoever that Mahindra is the actual OEM in negotiations. Up until now it's all been speculations and such.

And even if it is Mahindra (and another OEM party), there's been rampant rumors (again, nothing 100% confirmed) that SAAB AB has played hard-to-get as far as allowing yet another party to have the license to use the SAAB name for a car brand.

Having said all of that :confused:, I think KoenigSAAB has a nice ring to it (which in Swedish translates to King's SAAB :cool: )

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know the rumours, how GM didn't want their research...

used by Chinese? None of this makes sense.

What happened

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
while a 4 door would be a cool change i agree that it would be quite possibly the most unaffordable 4 door ever
Just so you know this is unfortunately old news and not going to happen.. Sadly to say even NEVS dropped the SAAB brand logo and unless things progress in the next few weeks/month or so it's not looking very good for SAAB...

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's a shame that no one thinks Saab is worth saving. I keep watching Top Gear's farewell to Saab and shaking my head. How did it come to this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts