SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

Could I use NGK Iridium plugs (BCP6EIX) which according to partsamerica.com is recommended for city driving? 99% of my driving is hwy mileage (750-1,000 miles weekly). NGK BCP7EIX is recommended for "Hard Driving". What constitues hard driving? I usually drive t an average hwy speed of 65-80 mph (gradual) no jack rabbit starts and or racing. Also if these plugs get carbon on them, could one simply clean them up? The previous owners had NGK BCP6EV plugs in the car. How many miles could one expect for the Iridiums to last? I opted for V-POWER NGK, with replacements every 7500-10,000 miles, what say you?

Best Regards! 91 900 turbo 16 valve 2.0 with 174,000 original plus miles

·
Registered
424 Posts
I run NGKBCP6ES plugs gapped at .024 to .028. Torque to 18-21 foot pounds.

My cars seem to run best on them (16 valve turbos), my local guru's strongly recommend them, and they are CHEEP! :cheesy: Last 10,000-20,000miles if nothing untoward happens.

I think that trying to go with HI ZOOT plugs in these motors gets into the area of diminishing returns on money and time invested. (My own humble opinion, though).

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
AFAIK the Iridiums are less good than regular ;)

City plugs on cruising won't hurt, they are sub-optimal of course. You'd probably want to go to the "normal" heat range on the next change (read the plugs to see how you want it).

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
In this part of the country, you should use BCP6ES; city, highway, hard driving, whatever.
Any other plugs will not work as well; you'll find out when it's 0 degrees in January.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts