SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old battery was gone, and i wanted to buy one from costco to take advantage of their warranty and prices.

of course, their 'book' doesn't list any battery for my 1996 900s, or any other 900 ever made by Saab.

I bought a group 96R based on dimensions, and its 590 CCA rating. it fits. it works. i'd prefer higher amperage, but this works as a compromise.

The only concern i have is that the positive terminal is totally exposed, when the old battery at least had a basic plastic flap over the terminal. i'll see if i can get an aftermarket cover.

I'm posting this for others' reference when trying to buy a costco battery for their ng900.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I use a size 47 (7 by 7 by 9" long); but its pricey, the battery prices have gone thru the roof recently for some reason..
Via Google, I did see some for around $50 ; my 47 was about $90 !
Chinese batteries ?

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
The 75 also fits, and has 700 CCA. That's been my go-to when I can find it...

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
I use a size 47 (7 by 7 by 9" long)
That's the size I have too, and some Costcos still carry that one. It's item number 12850, and sells for somewhere around $65.00. I bought a new one this last summer, but had to drive an hour to get to a Costco that actually had one. It fits perfectly, it's a reverse polarity battery, and it has the fluorescent orange positive terminal cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts