SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1999 9-3 with 92k, and it runs great.............but the exhaust is rusty as hell.....original I assume.

Anyway, there's a nice 1/4" x 1/2" hole in the pipe where it meets the muffler. I just had the muffler installed 6 months ago. The bracket that connects the pipe and the muffler is very rusty. Also, the center muffler's exiting mount welds have broken, along with a few pin holes in the actual center muffler.

Now, if I were to order a center muffler from thesaabsite, will that come with the actually piping? or just the muffler? Same question for the intermediate pipe?

Thanks,
Joshua

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, would it be smart to upgrade to the sports exhaust?

I was quoted $425 to fix it at a non-Saab mechanic. :eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Joshua,

Yes the center muffler comes with the pipe. It runs from the flex pipe to the muffler. About 90$US (today) and an easy DIY job. Get new clamps and you are all set.

If you are going to add power someday take a look at the Saab sport. Nice piece from what I've heard.

IMHO 425 seems a bit steep, unless hes replacing everything from the cat back (rear muffler included).

Flex pipe about $120 (can be elminated with the new GS downpipe)
Center muffler about $90
Rear muffler about $175
clamps $8 each, three needed
tube of sealant $5

maybe 2 hrs time to remove and replace, have a sawzall handy for removal of the old :)

Good Luck

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I probably could do it myself, but I don't have the resources. I have tools, but lack ramps and a sawzall. :(

I'm just going to take it somewhere, show them the thesaabsite's parts list. .Order whatever I need, and have them install it. Since I'm not capable as of right now.

Luckily I just had a rear muffler put on recently.......$170. Yikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts