SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
it would cost a customer 2500.00. But if you are buying the car and want it certified u can negotiate that price to about 1200 bucks or so. I am not sure what dealer cost is though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
There's the physical cost of the warranty but the other piece of the puzzle is the labor involved in running through 120 point checklist (that is required!)...and dealer markup.

Going rate from a dealer is probably 1800 - 2000.00.

I should add that if anything like tires or brakes are worn below spec., expect that to be added to the above.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Note.... you should not be paying extra for a Saab Certified Vehicle....from prior discussions here it costs a Dealer in the area of 1100.00 to get the certification from SAAB.

·
Registered
377 Posts
When I bought my car it was advertised as CPO with a cost, you can however reject the CPO warranty and they take down the price of the car. I wanted the CPO and got them to knock off 500.

·
Registered
155 Posts
JonV said:
First time with this Dealer? Check around before you buy.
Yes, first time. I told him no thanks when he quoted that and they called back 10 minutes later saying they'd do it for free. Picked up the car 2 days later and couldn't be happier especially with the low interest rates they're currently offering on CPO through the end of the year.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Good move, you'd be surprised how many people never say "No Thanks" and walk away. They don't "Buy" a car, they get "Sold" a car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts