SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
I wanted to ask for everyone's opinion on what would be the most important things to do for my car. I have a 2000 V6 and have owned it for 2 years and havent dont much out of the way of filling up the fuel and changing the motor oil.

I'm on a tight budget and want to maintain the most critical aspects of the engine, ie what fluids should i change, plugs, etc etc...

Fima ;)

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
You should change all your fluids at regular intervals. Motor oil is first and most important which you seem to have covered. Next in transmission fluid, best to do every 30K I think, but it depends on the car. If your fluid is a dark brown and smells god awful you're overdue for a change. After that a brake flush is a good idea every two years or so. Buy a big bottle of brake fluid and bleed the brakes til it comes out clean.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
How about checking your rotor and brake pad thickness. A flush of the cooling system with some new antifreeze wouldn't go amiss either.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Finn said:
Saabs and the most cost effective maintenance, leave it in the garage and use your bike :cheesy:
Don't get me started on the bike. I have not gotten out for a ride the entire month of July.:(

Then there's always the question, do I upgrade parts on the bike or the car?:roll:

G

·
PeterGibons said:
Don't get me started on the bike. I have not gotten out for a ride the entire month of July.:(

Then there's always the question, do I upgrade parts on the bike or the car?:roll:

Peter, its deffo bike time of year. Summer is officialy over in 6 weeks I heard on the radio today :( So get cycling :D

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
It's 95 deg F and 50% humidity, screw bikes. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts