SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The saga of getting the Master Cylinder on my 99t stretches into it's second long month, and as the original Brake Master Cylinder along with plastic reservoir has mysteriously vanished, my question is... due to the distinct lack of Saab parts in the Outer Mongolia that is the Irish Saab Scene, will the reservoir from a 1990 900i (whichs looks very similar) fit the new master cylinder I got for the 99t as it's the only thing holding me up from getting her back on the road again...?

Thanks as always....

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
Yes... as long as it's from a non-ABS car, and you seal up the spigot from the reservoir that leads to the clutch master on a c900.

edit: thinking about it an ABS cylinder doesn't look even close, so I'll assume it's not one of those!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.... It does look very very similar....

So, can I disconnect the existing cylinder from the 900i and use the reservoir direct on to the new (a spurious) cylinder for fitting into the 99t?

900i is a non-abs model alright....

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can :) The part numbers vary, but the early 900 ones are definitely the same, then go NLA and supercede to the same one used on the 1990 one you have.

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
The one niggling doubt is that wether the reservoir will fit the earlier cylinder. As a complete assembly it will definitely fit right on. I'm fairly sure the later res will work though. It's not something I've tried as I don't have a later cyl assmebly here to compare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts