SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear 9k experts,

just a question: Did the later 9000's ('95 - '97) have cornering lights?
I know the earlier once (the flat nose and the slanted nose with the c900 parking/indicator lights layout) had them. But I cannot find a lead whether or not the later once had them.
If they did have them, where were they located?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Yes, they are in the corner lamp units that hold the sidelights and turn indicator lights. There should be a clear lense area at the outside rear edge of the lamp units. I am not sure they use separate bulbs or leads as they may use the sidelight or turn indicator filament. I do not recall signalling a turn and reversing simultaneously so cannot tell you how they operate.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the reverse guidance lights as far as I know. They shine rearwards... I assume.
I'm looking for the cornering lights that go on when you use the direction indicator.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Doh, yes, of course they are. Sorry. then no, our North American spec SAABs no longer have cornering lights. This may be an across the range change in all markets. I had a 99, a 900T and a first series 9000T that all had this feature but my shop manual for 86-88 says not all markets had these fitted. My 97 does not have this feature.

In all cases the cornering lights used the sidelight bulb (called a parking light in Canada but in Canada this is not the single parking light found in the headlight unit) so the feature did not involve a separate bulb or connection, just another switch connected to the turn indicator function. How that was arranged I do not know.

The reversing lamp in the front corner lights is a separate bulb from the diagram in my owner's manual. The turn indicator bulb is a double filament bulb: sidelight and turn light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts