SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching cars in the sh** weather we have at the momnt and thinking about some ads currently running on German TV I vaguely remember something about Saab fitting the 901 with cornering lights in the side lights for some markets, I think it was only some states in the US because at the time legislation in Europe and other places did not allow them.

Can anybody enlighten me or am I totally mistaken and just making it up?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
cornering lights in the side lights meaning a white light that comes on and stays on when the turn signal is on? if so, then yes, they do have them, or at least mine does

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Yes, mine did too. I think it looks a bit goofy. I just disconnected the "feature"

It's so funny how Europeans want all the US/Canada junk and we are all for the European stuff. (which is much nicer by the way!) :)

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
RM '92 SPG said:
It's so funny how Europeans want all the US/Canada junk and we are all for the European stuff. (which is much nicer by the way!) :)
I suspect it's brought on by recent Mercs, which kick one front fog light on when they turn.

Personally, I'm more inclined to shoot those soddin' irritating lights out on those Mercs than imitate them...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes thats what I meant, I don't have a 901 anymore and now drive a 9-5

but as I said I was sure that the basic idea was another Saab first which Daimler, amongst others, have now copied.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
TooMany2cvs said:
I suspect it's brought on by recent Mercs, which kick one front fog light on when they turn.

Personally, I'm more inclined to shoot those soddin' irritating lights out on those Mercs than imitate them...
American cars have had "cornering lamps" since the 1950's... They are a small low-wattage white lamp usually on the lower front side corner of the car, it turns on when turn signal is activated.

What is interesting that the Mercedes turn on the fog lamp when turning, all the Chrysler products actually turn OFF the head lamp on the side that is flashing, presumably to make it more noticeable to other traffic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.