SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Tech2 and I have an older laptop that used to run Win7. Where can I find a copy of WinXP to run TIS? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FYI:

I successfully loaded Global TIS and TIS2000 using Windows 7 (32 Bit version) with no changes to the instructions for installation shown in the "official Tech 2 Clone thread".
There was no need to install Windows XP.
It works just fine using Windows Seven, and I got Security Access with no problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI:

I successfully loaded Global TIS and TIS2000 using Windows 7 (32 Bit version) with no changes to the instructions for installation shown in the "official Tech 2 Clone thread".
There was no need to install Windows XP.
It works just fine using Windows Seven, and I got Security Access with no problems.
Interesting. Do you have a serial port on your machine or can you use USB to x to y?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used a Belkin F5U257 Serial to usb adapter on an ancient Toshiba Satellite Laptop.

I'm mostly a dinosaur when it comes being up to date on the workings PC's, so all I did was read over the instructions in the clone thread several times and work methodically when I did the installation.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
GlobalTIS runs on Windows 10 32 bit with USB serial adapter. TIS2000 will not work but there is no need since GT works with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts