SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my cooling fans stopped working. Reading online that I should connect the leads manually and they should turn on when I turn the ignition but it doesn’t. Am I connecting the right two leads?

This is on the top drivers side of the radiator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also tried finding the thermostat switch mentioned in the serivce manual but couldn’t find anything like what was pictured.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Yee, connecting the two leads together at the fan switch should turn the fans on. If they don't, check the fuse, the relay, and the fans.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Depending on the build year the fan circuit has quite a number of variances. The main power feed to the fan circuit is straight from battery (terminal 30).

Theses are the circuit variations for 16V's. For 8V's from 1984 up the 1985/89 16v circuit applies. For the very early 900's I don't think there was a fuse in the circuit and the thermoswitch is fed straight from the battery.

https://flic.kr/p/2jedYnk

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
We know it's not a very early car because it has an intercooler. And we can guess it's not an '86 because it has 9004 headlights. Then we look at the title of the thread and see it's a 1989, so fan, fuse, relay as I indicated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts