SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Email alerts helped me out, I didn’t even need the search bar for this one. Thanks for the insight! I just cycled out my (mysteriously old) coolant after I was hitting critical heat while idling at a red light. I get to this temp at my worst now; I might need a new radiator once it gets past that though, but I’ll do some forum thread hunting first of course.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car when running in a free road keeps the gauge level at 1/4, so I also understand that the engine is working in low temperature what is bad for the performance of the engine. Should I replace the thermostate? Which one, the one in the radiator or the one in the engine, located untherneath the distributor.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
The thermostat is located at the top of the head.... not in the radiator or under the distributor. I wouldn't entirely trust the gauge - they aren't that accurate - but since a thermostat is only $15 and takes 30 minutes to change, if you are unsure it's never a bad idea.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what the hell is a sensor that is underneath the distributor, I think there is a plug there that I found released then when I plug that plug to its place the gauge of temperature starts working. Also I live in Sweden but my car is in Spain using it on vacation, do I need to order an specific thermostat for my climate region or not. I understand that Saab have different specifications regarding the market.

Also a naive question, the water pump is always working recirculating the coolant or only is working when the thermostat sends a signal that the engine is too hot?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts