SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time the turbo fully spools I can smell coolant why would this happen. I just bought the car 4 days ago and they changed the water pump buyt i dont think any residue would be left. I am also wondering where the needle goes on most 9-3s boost gauge as my friends goes right into the red where as mine just touches it

·
Registered
649 Posts
Every time the turbo fully spools I can smell coolant why would this happen. I just bought the car 4 days ago and they changed the water pump buyt i dont think any residue would be left. I am also wondering where the needle goes on most 9-3s boost gauge as my friends goes right into the red where as mine just touches it
Needle is supposed to stop between yellow and red on stock cars, but that boost gague isnt too reliable in any case.

As for the coolant thing, i get that too, sometimes. Rarely. But then again my car also loses coolant every few months.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Is the level of antifreeze in the coolant tank decreasing? You might try looking at the drivers side (LHD vehicle) of the engine to see if it's wet. If it is, you may need to retorque the headbolts, which is a fairly east DIY if you have a torque wrench ($20 at Harbor Freight) and a Torx socket set... Ron

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
it could be spilt coolant burning off after water pump replacement

·
Registered
352 Posts
Needle is supposed to stop between yellow and red on stock cars, but that boost gague isnt too reliable in any case.

As for the coolant thing, i get that too, sometimes. Rarely. But then again my car also loses coolant every few months.
Is the level of antifreeze in the coolant tank decreasing? You might try looking at the drivers side (LHD vehicle) of the engine to see if it's wet. If it is, you may need to retorque the headbolts, which is a fairly east DIY if you have a torque wrench ($20 at Harbor Freight) and a Torx socket set... Ron
I have both of these going on so I downloaded the re-torque specs off of Nick's site. Will be doing it this weekend if it doesn't rain:nono;

JT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts