SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 01 aero has been a little fussy lately. It's driving and running normally but my ce light is throwing the p1110 code. I changed the bov and checked the lines. Got the light cleared and it stayed off for about 2 wks. Funny thing is the light came on the first time after changing the coolant bypass valve because in typical fashion it started dumping antifreeze at the 86k mile mark.

After the coolant valve change everything was cool minus the ce light came on a week later. Now it's about 4 wks out and is out of coolant again. No puddles as obvious as they where at first so I'm gonna have to track this new leak down.

I guess my question is does anybody know of any other common place for a coolant leak to form and what else might cause the p1110 code? I think I remember reading there are two other valves that can cause it but couldn't find any real pics, just a rough diagram. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Charge air bypass valve.
1st should not let it run out of coolant.
typical areas are hoses, then radiator, then pump, then head.
You need to figure out if it is leaking or if it is something more serious.
Look for coolant on top of trans and below car.
make sure the system is full. if is does not show a leak start it up and see if it leaks.
If you drive it around when you park see if there is a new puddle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm hoping it's not the head gasket. I haven't let it run dry for sure. It's still half full when the Sid pops the coolant warning up. It was raining today so I couldn't really tell puddle wise but the motor looked dry. I'm gonna run it by my buddy's shop sat and try to track it down.

The charge air bypass code I looked up and most everything said to change the bov, which I did. That's why I was scratching my head when the light didn't come on for two wks and then reappeared. All of the vac hoses seem to be in good shape but who knows. Like I said aside from losing some coolant the car is running fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts