SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ANOTHER problem with my 9-3 TTiD, I have a coolant leak, I can see the route the leak is taking, past the oil cooler, sump and finishing on the exhaust and burning off, I originally thought this was an oil leak, problem I have is I can't find the source of the leak, there is signs of it above the cooler so don't think it's leaking from there, previous owner has kindly filled it with rad-weld and neglected to tell me, I have pictured the best I can from underneath

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been under the car again today, as well as coolant on the pictures posted, there is coolant on the turbo as well as a good coating of oil on the underside of the bottom turbo next to the oil return

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!

I also have a problem with a coolant leak. There is a small black cap on a pipe in front of the engine and I saw some liquid leaking underneath it. The day I saw this I had the coolant at full level. The next day I had the "coolant level low" error on the display and when I checked the coolant level it was almost empty.

Does anyone know if I can find a replacement cap, or is it just a gasket? Where can I find it? I don't know what to search for.

I've attached a picture with the cap highlighted, the picture is not from my car as I don't have access to it right now, so I found a picture of the same engine on the internet.

Thanks!

SAAB 9-3 sedan 2006 | 1.9 TiD 118hp

Attachments

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts