SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a problem with my 2003 9-3 ARC sedan because every couple weeks I need to refill the coolant. The error code says the coolant is low and needs to be refilled. I keep having to buy more coolant and it is rather annoying.This has been going on for months. Finally I took it to a shop and they did a pressure check and looked for leaks. It came back as nothing wrong yet it kept happening after the fact. I took it to PEPboys this time and they too did a pressure check...came back ok. They also put a dye in the coolant so they would be able to see where it was leaking. I brought it back and they couldn't figure it out. What could be causing this to happen because this is not normal? (also I have been told it could be leaking into the engine but I dont have white smoke coming out the exhaust nor did the dye show up there)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Mine does the same thing. occasionally itll go back to the normal level

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I was having the same problem. I progessively had to top of the coolant. at first every few weeks, then weekly, then daily, and even before drives until it started over heating and creating massive coolant puddles while parked. I took it to a few places and found that it was the water pump. I got several quotes from euro garages and from regular garages each between $600 and $800. I finally took it to the dealer and they gave me the cheapest quote (surprisingly). In all it was about $650 because I asked for them to enable my aux input.

I should have done it myself, but I was scared since the water pump is ran by the timing chain and I was afraid to take the engine out of time and didn't have the confidence to put it in right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts