SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife owns a 2004 9-3 Linear with 53,000 .. OOW

Last week I noticed some drops under the passengers side front of the car. Brought it to the dealer and they check it out. Dealer tells me that the water pump has a leak and it needs to be replaced. Labor intensive/parts total $1,026.

Obviously I am not amused, but the dealer has helped me out in the past, so I figure lets try to get some of this payed for by Saab. He made a call and got the price for everything down to me paying $400.

Am I getting screwed, or is this a reasonable price to pay?

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
B0N3 said:
He made a call and got the price for everything down to me paying $400.

Am I getting screwed, or is this a reasonable price to pay?
My understanding is there is substantial disassembly involved just to get to the water pump. If $400 includes parts and labor that sounds like a very good deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
michaLcoughliN said:
manufactureres warranty is 4 yr 80k is it not??
warranty is 4 years 50,000

ctrlz said:
My understanding is there is substantial disassembly involved just to get to the water pump. If $400 includes parts and labor that sounds like a very good deal.
yeah .. I feel like it's a good compromise .. $400 for parts and labor as opposed to $1000 .. the fact that Saab covered $600 and the car is 3,000 miles OOW was pretty cool of them. This was one phone call by the dealer. I'm sure if I fought a little harder I could have done better, but I'd like to maintain a decent relationship with the Service Manager. Who knows when I'll need another favor :confused: .

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
B0N3 said:
yeah .. I feel like it's a good compromise ..
I do most of this kind of work myself. Still, I bet it would run me close to $300 just for the pump, gaskets, and whatever other bits you need. That does not include special tools I might need to get around things or remove special fasteners. Then there's the value of time...

All-in-all I think $400 is probably a steal.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
This is a good example of "good faith" with Saab. I too had some issues, although minor, covered at 56,000 miles.

Try this with VW/Audi--no way:x I couldn't even get them to cover in warranty items--pathetic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts