SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had a leak on my 03 9-5 Aero and took me over a month to pin point it. It is coming from the weep hole in the back of the turbo just below the banjo bolt.
Does it mean the turbo is done or can it be repaired. What are my options?
Also when driving the car it has no power, as if the turbo is not working at all and when I give it over half throttle it starts misfiring. Would this be related to the turbo or is it something else?
Checked as follows:
compression 125-135 psi on all 4 cyl.
fuel pressure 35 psi
voltage to all injectors but don't know how to check if they are working right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Freeze plug, not weep hole

I figured by looking at some images on the net that is supposed to be a plug on the hole the water is coming from, maybe a freeze plug. Don't know how it came off, it started leaking in early autumn before it was freezing.
Does anybody know if it can be fixed and how or do I need to replace it?
Found a parts list but there is no freeze plug listed there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Find out that the leak is coming from a missing freeze plug and it is not a weep hole.
Can this be fixed (and how) or do I need to replace the turbo. There is no freeze plug listed on any parts list online that I've seen.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any luck/update with your Freeze plug issue? I'm told by a mechanic that I need to replace mine. It's a slow leak though - the low coolant light comes on about once every 2 months (daily driver). However, I'm affraid that one day it's going to pop out completely and then I'll in BIG trouble. I'm also told that the part is not available....great :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any luck/update with your Freeze plug issue? I'm told by a mechanic that I need to replace mine. It's a slow leak though - the low coolant light comes on about once every 2 months (daily driver). However, I'm affraid that one day it's going to pop out completely and then I'll in BIG trouble. I'm also told that the part is not available....great :(
After looking with no luck I just sealed with JB weld and held until something went really wrong in the head after only 400 miles after new head gasket/ valve head job. Now is sitting I'm the parking lot waiting to be towed to a more competent mechanic.
If your leak is not too bad I'd recommend JB weld. It may not be a long term solution, but is a fast and cheap enough. Just make sure you clean the surface really well with alcohol or some solvent and let it dry for 24 hrs before refilling with coolant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.