SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Small pulsating leak from this check valve or what ever it is ,where does it go what does it do ,any help appreciate..
More specifics,1999 Saab, 9-3 Conv .2.3 Turbo , Coolant appears to be leaking from the Check Valve , Any Idea what this hose is responsible for ?????

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
TTT.Cant believe no one knows what this hose is for ????
Patience,sir, this is the first I have seen this one.
Its a vacuum system check valve above the upper radiator hose - my '96 non-turbo has nothing here.
Check for any chaffing on any coolant hose and monitor your coolant level. Is this a coolant leak?..It does not appear to be.How does it smell and feel?
I think you car may have a vacuum pump.
Also if a 2.3 T ,it must be a Viggen.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
It kind of looks like the vacuum hose for the brake booster on the drivers side (LHD vehicle), which is to the left of the turbo inlet pipe and above the radiator hose. But that hose would not have antifreeze in it. a picture a little farther out might help finding the relative postition of this hose...Ron

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Coolant Leak

Thanks Ron ,I think we are getting closer to thinking that the upper radiator hose has a pin hole that is spraying up onto that check valve.It is my sons car and he is an hour north of us so I am trying to sort out possibilities so I can go prepared to fix it at his place.Thanks for the help and suggestions .I will post results when we figure it out ..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mystery solved ,The leak was a pin hole which when pressurized would spray on the underside of this check valve which went to the Brake booster and made it look like it was leaking .Simple fix new upper radiator hose ..Thanks to all for suggestions and help ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.