SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forums,
My '02 Saab 9-5 says it needs coolant fluid, however when I open the machinery and take a look it looks as if it is on an OK level ... so how can I make sure that I don't need
coolant?

Last but not least what is the recommended brand of usage for Saabs ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Make sure its cold when you test level, if head gasket is blown it will pressurise system immediately engine is started which will give false level in header tank, these engines have a tendency to leak oil on corner at front above gearbox, thats where it usually blows inside on water circuit as well:cry:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
afm said:
Make sure its cold when you test level, if head gasket is blown it will pressurise system immediately engine is started which will give false level in header tank, these engines have a tendency to leak oil on corner at front above gearbox, thats where it usually blows inside on water circuit as well:cry:
Well that sounds reassuring :eek: So far so good, I will only open it when it's cold and everything's been cooled down. When it's been cooled down, there should be no trouble as far as I understand ?

However if you own a Saab 95 I know there is an indication on the container that, well, indicates the level of the fluid. Mine is just below the marker. It says in the instruction book that fluid should not exceed the marker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts