SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally got around to doing my first coolant change/ thermostat replacement. I had a few adventures, but everything worked out in the end. So, I went through the whole procdure once and started up the car. I was looking under the hood checking for leaks and I saw a noticeable one right at the thermostat housing. So, I stopped the car, tightened it down a bit. But still no luck stopping the leak. I did one more tighten, this time the car wouldn't start and I heard some strange noises coming from the fuse box area. After some worrying and thinking a bit, I decided to tighten down the ground wire on the themostat case. That did the trick, so it must have losened up while I was tightening down the case. But, alas the leak was still there. By this time I realized that when I put them new thermostat in it, it didn't have the sealing around it the way the old one did, the sealing was lose. So, I drained the coolant again and put the sealing around the thermostat, and put it all back together. This time no leaks :).

Also, I got the coolant hose kit from partsforsaabs. Replacing the main coolant hose on the right side was no problem. But while I can see the other two hoses on the lower left, I have no idea how to get at them. Anyone with suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I can't help with the hose change, I've never had to change mine but I am curious as to why you are changing all of the hoses. Is it purely for peace of mind?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, just changing them to the new silicon hoses for some bling and piece of mind. no real reason.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Looks good! :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks very good!

In fact it looks exactly how I want mine to look. Could you let us know where you got them from. The only ones I've seen have been really silly money - over £130/ $260!!!
A link would be very helpful

Thanks
Colin

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
51-HOTaero said:
;oops: Thanks Chris!

Stupidly I hadn't checked PFS

Doh!
The clue was in the first post:

demps said:
Also, I got the coolant hose kit from partsforsaabs.
:p :p

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
51-HOTaero said:
;oops: ;oops: Double Doh!!!
Let do look good though :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts