I thought this could be kind of fun... Listing some of the cool and rather unique little features on a Saab. Here's some of my observations. Trying to leave out some of the obvious ones like the super cool night panel button (which I use often), and the console mounted key (which I really like).
- The front backup assist lights. Very helpful!
- Glove box latch is oriented for easy use from the driver's side. The latch is sideways.
- Exterior door handles operate upwards at about a 45 degree angle, which just works really well.
- The trunk/hatch emergency release can fit into a little groove in the trim panel so it's not just dangling.
- Hatch lock release button is positioned to be pushed easily with a thumb while opening the door.
- Sunroof control mounted on the console instead of overhead by the interior lights.
- Very well thought out vents for back seat passengers.
- The load space cover is very well done.
- Rear wiper coming on automatically when the front wipers are on and you shift into reverse.
- The pockets on the front side of the lower seat cushions are ideal for a cell phone. Out of sight, and easily within reach. Obviously we didn't have compact phones in 2002, but it works very well for most smaller modern phones.