SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i will most likely get flamed for this but...

i need to convert my 97 9000 aero from DI to a distributor....the main purpose being an attempt at running megasquirt on it (i have been having issues with trying to get an ecu and am finally completly fed up!)

I know i will need the cam with the notch in it..but what car can that be found on?...and what distributor will fit the car?

other points needing to be addressed - what wiring would have to be changed and more importantly could the stock ecu run the distibutor? (for when swap out ms for stock ecu during tuning etc.)

this all might be a shot in the dark...but we have yet to find a way to get megasquirt to run the di...

R

·
0 Posts
Blimey mate, can't help you with the technical bit, but I have to say good luck!!!!

Serious shot in the dark.

This may help you later on in the DI to Distributor proceedings: :cheesy:

·
Banned
637 Posts
Most any 2.0 l engine 9000 or 900 will be a suitable donor.. get the cam AND the ecu cuz you will need it to be compatible with the Distr.
You will lose the OBD 2 though... no big deal ...unless... you have to pass emisions... which it won't.
Perhaps putting an abrupt end to your adventure/musings.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I think you can get an add-on PCB to run Fords distributer-less ignition pack with Megasquirt. Using the Ford ignition pack and this PCB might get what you want.

Either way it seems a hard road to get more performance. Stage 1 ECUs arn't that much? Or are you aiming for 10 second quarters:) ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well not 10 second wuarters but....the point is that maptun is crazy expensive if you want any real power

1 - 5 of 5 Posts