SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the difference between a classic and gm conv wind deflector and will the gm fit the classic,there seems to be plenty gm one's, but no classics .

·
Registered
992 Posts
Has anyone here really used one of these? Do they cause more drag? Do they work well? Or is it just for show. I have seen these on Beemers and MBs they do look good. But I have just seen them on cars around town not on the highway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
92-Vert said:
Has anyone here really used one of these? Do they cause more drag? Do they work well? Or is it just for show. I have seen these on Beemers and MBs they do look good. But I have just seen them on cars around town not on the highway.
But whats the point of a convertible if you don't want any of the wind. The 900 convertibles are pretty good about reducing wind, so I could only imagine how well a new BMW does, not to mention they usually have all the windows up PLUS a windscreen. Just get a coupe with a sunroof.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Peepo wrote;
But whats the point of a convertible if you don't want any of the wind. The 900 convertibles are pretty good about reducing wind, so I could only imagine how well a new BMW does, not to mention they usually have all the windows up PLUS a windscreen. Just get a coupe with a sunroof.
Now I wouldn't go that far. Once I drove my vert there was no going back. But sometimes the women that sit next to me don't like so much wind to mess the hair up. I just put a hat on when I drive with the top down. Which is most of the time, unless it is snowing.

·
4,637 Posts
I use one. Not that one but a home-made version that covers up the back seats too. I find no drag {that I know of} and find it very handy on the cold mornings and in cold weather in general. On an April morning {~5 degrees Celsius} I have the top down, the windows up, the wind deflector up and an overcoat on. The notion of not opening the top just doesn't occur to me... :D On a warmer day, or at speeds over 80kmh, the windows are up and the deflector is down. On the warmest days, everything's down except the windscreen.

The main purpose for me is to keep wind off my torso which can get pretty chilled if exposed. The PFS deflector only goes down a little bit below the rim of the car so I don't know if it will stop all of the torso and lower body drafts. The roof's only purpose is to keep the rain out of the car...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Another source

I've seen C900 wind deflectors on my other fave site (Ebay) but they are usually with a buy it now price of around £180, :eek:

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can anyone answer my question???:roll: all i want to know is will a gm deflector fit or not, it just it gets a bit chilly round the back of my arms and back sometimes,and you have to put all the stuff on the floor or it gets sucked blown out, thanks:lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am quite sure that it will not fit.

OG900: http://www.abbottracing.com/2003/index.htm Look at 900 category Body.
NG900: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4561523254&category=10416&rd=1

The one for the OG900 is fastened with brackets which is mounted to the seat belt guide. I do not quite know how the NG900 one is fastened, but I can see no brackets in the picture.

However, I bought one for my OG900 and it really does the job. Even with all the windows down you avoid wind in your neck :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts