SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to fix my fathers 1998 Saab 900s convertible top.
when i go to put the top down, the display says "check latches" so i check them. nothing. trying to figure out what wrong (i know little to nothing about saabs so this is new to me, so any help would be great) is it wiring, a relay, fuse, motor, or what? please help me and my dad out.

thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My guess is there's something going on w/ the microswitches that the 5th bow "fangs" (I call them that and can't remember the official term right now) press. There are two oval holes in the tonneau cover. Under them mounted on the car side are two small microswitches that tell the top computer when the 5th bow at the back has descended onto the tonneau deck and is ready to either unlock the tonneau or lock it, depending on if you want it to go up or down respectively.

I think if it was the 'bag' (that the top gets shrouded in when the top is down) switches in the trunk it would say 'trunk' or something different anyway! You do have that bag unhooked and down, correct? Sometimes I have to pat the bottom of the bag or shake it up and down gently to get it to come out of it's coma.

Is there any movement of the top or tonneau at all? Can you hear the tonneau latch motor unlock. If nothing, maybe you're correct in thinking fuse or relay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts