SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting an error to check the roof " Check Latches ". I checked the latched and still could not operate the roof. Could not find any fuses indicating it is for the top. When I engage the switch I do not hear the motor engaging. Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ralph

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I keep getting an error to check the roof " Check Latches ". I checked the latched and still could not operate the roof. Could not find any fuses indicating it is for the top. When I engage the switch I do not hear the motor engaging. Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ralph
The system has six latches. Some of them have microswitches to inform the computer of their status. Sometimes the microswitches are bent or mispositioned, or the latches themselves are not as they should be. The latches are located : 2 at the top of the windshield; 2 on the underside of the tonneau, which latch the fifth bow to the tonneau when the top is raised, and 2 tonneau latches on the body which hold the tonneau down on the body when the top is lowered and stored. To see the tonneau latches I believe you need to remove the interior body trim near the rear seat on both sides. The tonneau latches are actuated by two cables which run back to the tonneau lift and lower mechanism in the luggage compartment behind the interior trim on the right side. When the lift and lower mechanism fully lowers the tonneau, the mechanism continues and pulls the two cables to latch the tonneau.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts