SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know what's wrong, but the top is stuck as you can see in the first photo and won't move up or down.

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the motor but I don't see anything broken on either side.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
There is an emergency valve behind the rear seat that you can loosen and move the roof manually.

Does the pump motor run with no movement, if so check the fluid level and connection/condition of the hoses to the rams.

If the pump motor doesn't run then it could be a microswitch issue, try raising the roof part way (don't forget to close the valve when you are done) and then see if you can get it to finish under power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't been able to find the emergency valve, do you have a picture to show where it is and how to manually adjust the roof?

Thanks for the response btw!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I thought that is what you meant when you said "move the roof." I will check the manual, though I don't remember seeing emergency valve in it the first time I looked. My manual usually just says "find authorized Saab mechanic" or something like that whenever I have a problem I'd like to fix :roll:

·
Registered
465 Posts
When you lower the rear seat back, you will see a "T" handle right in the bottom of the access between the rear seat back and the trunk. Just turn it counter-clockwise to open it enough to lower the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts