SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1988 900 Turbo Convertible top pump has quit working. I've determined it was leaking around the packing that is used to seal the electric motor and hydraulic pump. Does anyone have a suitable replacement or advice on where I might find same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim, thanks for your response. I'm trying to repair "on the cheap" but if it gets down to it, a replacement will have to come into play.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
The pump in the c900 is quite ancient. I'd be pretty confident that if you took it apart and ran over to NAPA, or maybe even better a local hydraulics shop (got a Parker?) they'd be able to supply whatever seals & orings you need.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I'm positive they would - that was an off the shelf pump selected by ASC … it's probably used in part or in whole in other cars, maybe even in other applications.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The great mystery of what packing to use on the convertible top pump has been solved by Southern Hydraulic Service in Charlotte, NC who provided the packing/bushing. Item is manufactured by Hercules, part number U12-037. Thanks to all for great advice!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Weird how we forget about old school businesses these days, right? I sometimes run into walls where I've no clue where to get something done, and then it occurs to me sometimes real people with real knowledge have to get involved. :) I've ended up at the local Parker for all sorts of fun stuff!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts