SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2001 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible. Recently, while the top was down, I loaded a large suitcase into my backseat and proceeded to raise the top. As the top came up, the section of the top which contains the back windshield pressed against the suitcase, causing the motion to stop with the SID displaying the message, "Check Softop Operation", or something like that. Since then, i have had two problems. First when lowering the top, the motion goes all the way to the end except that the right front part of the tonneau cover does not seat all the way generating an error message in the SID. To get it down all the way, I must reach my hand around and press it down so that it seats while I hit the button and then I get the final "beep" sound.

Second, when raising the top the motion will stop at the point when the tonneau cover is down (after the tonneau has raised and dumped out the top) and the motor is attempting to lower the part of the top with the back windshield in it down onto the tonneau cover. It gets stuck in the vertical position, generating the same error message in the SID. The only way I get it down is to turn the car off, releasing hydraulic pressure and push the offending part down by hand (actually, I just shove it a little and it falls by gravity down to the tonneau cover). At this point, I can restart the car, hit the button for the top and it seats fine as usual.

Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks for any help you can give.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts