SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
because I am stupid and forgot to make some photos during dismantling, I do not know, how to wire those two steel wires, what hold sides of conv. top, those two just behind rear quarter windows. There are steel wires, hooked into spring and I do not know, even have absolutelly no idea, where I should hook those springs...
Could someone help me? One photo would be more than enough...

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
westerchen said:
they are held by screws at the spring end and riveted at the front outside bout 10 cm back ( open hood 1/3 rd and you should see the rivet holes you must have removed them or someone before you has used screws which is fine too )http://townsendimports.com/Web/body_folder/body_images/CVTopFabpt1.pdf
instructions see 1st one for what u need
No, no, that is not, what I am looking for. I mean those hooks at step 16. Those hooks are connected into wires, what are then connected into spring and I do not know, where I have to connect those springs...
I have a whole factory service manual, but even there is nothing about those springs... Neither EPC help me...
So only someone with convertible, with partially dismantled convertible, can help me...

·
Registered
31 Posts
well they go down into the 1/4 panel and you would have to take the inside panels of and possibly the winder mechanisms out , no one i know has ever taken these wires of as when u dismantle them you just hook them onto the body until reasembly

·
4,637 Posts
Do you see the holes in the cloth where the springs hook into? That's the upper end, for the lower, you'll need to undo the interior side panels and search for the lower mounting. It's unlikely that you removed them when dismantling though.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, problem is, that there is no hole, or hook, labaled "attaching point for top spring" :)

Second thing is, that there is a hole with plastic bushing on reinforcing beam, what goes horizontally across rear panel, so this spring link can turn at this hole and go forward or backward almost horizontally to some where. Mybe directly inside this reinforcement... And I really do not remember, where these spring were attached

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved

I found an attaching point!!!
It is at reinforcing steel plate for mounting guide pin for door lock. There are a lip with a small hole. Spring is attached into this hole. So wire goes from conv. top thru hole in horizontal beam, turns forward and goes almost parallel with this beam, connected into spring inside big plastic sleeve, this spring is then attached to the reinforcing plate for door lock guide pin.
Maybe it will help to someone else at the future..

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, after a couple of weeks, I have pictures of those springs.

Here You can see hook for top. It is attached to steel wire, and then goes to hidden spring:

Here You can see attaching point of that spring:

I hope that it will help to someone at the future...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts