SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Saab enthusiasts. Long time Saab owner but first post here. I recently purchased a vert 2003 OG9-3 that was doing all good things. One morning top did not work anymore. Got a Tech 2 and I can see that the top issue is B2046 (Main open and closed at the same time). I manually put the top down to see if I could reset the sequence, cleared the codes and the 5th bow unlatches, raises, tonneau unlatches, raises, roof start to go up but when almost at the windshield, seems to drop forward and the sequence stops with what seems to be Main UP and Down showing YES at the same time. There is a little bit of fluid around the main cylinders but is that my issue? Wondering if someone can provide some opinion.
Fluid level checked, no broken shear pin, latch and unlatch of 5th bow works when forced with Tech 2.
Checked switches for the tonneau and 5th bow, same for the latches. All seem to work. Thinking either cylinders or valve that actuate the cylinders.

Short video of me swearing at my Saab.
"https://youtu.be/nL1WM41CHxU"

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
You have bad main cylinder down sensor (micro switch).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you buy these cylinder hall effect sensors separately? I couldn’t find any info about them anywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts