SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my top wont latch down when i put it down and close the cover, the motor buzzes but it doesnt secure in and my sid chimes in saying to check the cover, ive never owned a convertible so does anyone know whats going on

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi there,
not sure if this is your problem, a more detailed description would help.

If you mean the rear tonneau cover rather than the latches near the sun visors, then remove the cover and check the connections. There are a few weak points.

photos will help to describe your issue and we'll get you set.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It sounds like to me that it is not wanting to latch properlly. If you get out and press the cover down it should clear the sid it is right at that point to latch but the cloth on the top is bunching up and that is why it is not wanting to latch hope this helps

·
Registered
444 Posts
I replaced my compete top and tonneau motor...that would be the drivers side micro switch. there's a small metal tine that sometimes falls off or gets bent. you can open the tonneau cover vertical, remove the plastic cover to the tonneu motor housing and look for a small micro switch on the drivers side. you'll know if because you'll see a wire running to it. the button is white.

Now if you find that's the problem and you want a down-n-dirty way of getting it working let me know. otherwise eerurop*rts.com sells em.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well there are those 2 little switches on either side that click when you depress the metal actuators and i think thats what is causing the SID to go off because its not latched down.
my roof also wont go up or down by itself and needs help, i wanna know how the cover is latched down by

·
Registered
444 Posts
Those 2 switches are not the ones that activate the tonneau motor that latches when the top is down...You need to open the tonneau up and remove the trim cover for the motor...the switch you're looking for is in there

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i went ahead and removed my rear seats and found that there are 2 little "brake" lines, that seems to be pulled and will latch the plastic cover down.
is this convertible motor hooked up to this and where is it located at

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
next i checked the fluid and it was empty so i filled it back up and let it run through but still nothing

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what pulls the cables to latch down the tonneau cover? that is my problem as of right now, i can deal with manually operating the top

·
Registered
11 Posts
yep the cables

The cables run into the drivers side of the boot. You need to remove the trim in the bot and the cables are attached to a small swing arm by circlips. ensure these are attached and then sit in the car with the 2 rear door cards off an see if the roof clamps operate just as the tannua cover is closed ................if not then its a case of adjustmant

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright i seriously ****ing hate this car, i got the top to latch back down after breaking the tonneau link joint and it was unlocking and locking fine but now it wont release it, how the hell can i get it to release?

1999 saab 9-3 not so vert...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Trie releasing the cables

alright i seriously ****ing hate this car, i got the top to latch back down after breaking the tonneau link joint and it was unlocking and locking fine but now it wont release it, how the hell can i get it to release?

1999 saab 9-3 not so vert...

You could try releasing the cables in the boot by taking off the small circlips.............that might release the locking clamps that lock down the tannua.........then reconnect and readjust...............i hope this helps and I understand your frustration......Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts