SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Superb pictures of convertible assembly line.

Did you notice the steering wheels in picture 45? Some of them had strange polished black sections in the rim. Is this an option? (Kind of like the "sporty" wooden insert steering wheels on some Jags and the like.)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I missed those first time round...havent seen them before, there are only 3 steering wheel versions I know of i.e standard, aero and now a new aero wheel for the V6 with more 'metal' on the inner rim. Then again it may be an option elsewhere in Europe or US perhaps...

The dealer I bought my car from said there are no steering wheel upgrade options, (and surprisingly no 18" alloy wheel upgrade option - only Hirsch which is £££..)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
JWLANKY said:
Great find with some great pictures!

Now, why couldnt they build the 'vert at Trollhatten:roll:
I still like to think its built in Sweden, just assembled in Austria. When you buy one for overseas delivery in Europe it is sent to Trolllhatten from Austria and then to wherever you pick it up at. Our Canadian import rules state place of origination is determinded by where the parts are made if more than 60% are made in a country different from that of assembly. So it is swedish by law!

·
Registered
771 Posts
JWLANKY said:
Great find with some great pictures!

Now, why couldnt they build the 'vert at Trollhatten:roll:
Its not so bad as that plant also builds Porsches too I wm told :cool:

Its also nice to see how much of the very is still hand work :cool:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Magna steyr doesnt build Porsche. What they build can be found here:
http://www.magnasteyr.com/index_en.html

Where old 9-3 was made(in Finland), that private factory makes all Porsche Boxters and now Cayman models.

Saab cant build Cabriolet in the same assembly line as it different to make and would slow down production too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts