SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2008 Aero has a broken front power seat cable. The silver access lever at the top just flops. It's the cable from the top access lever of the drivers seat (Silver Lever) down to the base motor. I have already purchased the replacement cable 12802558 but I can't figure out how to get the seat back off and I'm afraid to break anything. My seat leathers are in perfect condition so I want to be very careful. The only screw I can find is a tiny one holding the seatbelt trim on.

Has anybody got any advice on how to do this? The WIS just says "Remove the backrest cover". Not helpful!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solution

I tore into it tonight. Took a while but there are some hidden screws under the back pouch. I broke some of the clips because I didn’t realize the back cover needed to be pulled toward the floor first. I think it will be ok though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you post a few pictures? You are doing ground breaking work and we will appreciate the know how.
My pictures didn't work out well but I can give directions. Once you have done it once then it's easy. It's that first time that is tough. This works best if you tilt the seatback forward and move the seat as far forward and high as it will go.

Step 1: Remove tiny black torx screw hidden behind silver seat lever at top of seat. You have to lift the lever to see it.

Step 2: Pop off the seat belt trim piece that the screw held on. This plastic trim piece should be pulled up (toward roof) and then towards the front of the car. No real risk of breaking anything here. Let the trim piece hang above the front seat cushion.

Step 3: Using a plastic pry tool or trim removal tool remove the leather pouch from the seat back. Begin at the bottom center and work towards the top. There are 5 total plastic push clips that hold it in place. Be careful at the top corners of the pouch. Once the 5 clips are loose at the bottom and sides then the pouch pivots upwards and easily comes out. My clips suffered some wear and tear in this step and so I have decided to order new ones so the pouch is well attached in the future.

Step 4: Remove the two silver torx screws that you have now exposed under the pouch. They are easy to drop into the seat mechanism so I found that a long magnet probe came in handy.

Step 5: Slide the seat back towards the floor. There are some L hooks holding it on so don't pull the seat back out (towards the rear of the car) or you will break them. I didn't know this and broke one but it seems to still stay in place well enough.

You are now done and can work on the seatbelts or the seat release cable. Be sure to have a cup or magnetic tray to hold onto the screws you have removed. I hope this helps somebody.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts